Saturday, July 19, 2008


Something Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giant fans can agree on

Shot Heard Round The World, a favorite documentary on HBO, about the Bobby Thomson home run of the same name featured many memorable quotations. But my favorites came from CNN's Larry King. A Dodger fan, King flung many truths about the adored Yankees.

I read an article from the New York Times' Gordon White, in which he idolizes about Yankee Stadium, "In 1943 men wore jacket and tie when they went to a ball game while women wore dresses or a skirt and blouse."

The article reminded me of King's most memorable lines. I paraphrase "the ushers at Yankee Stadium wore mittens. You felt like you had to wear a suit and tie. Yankee Stadium is for tourists".

It still rings true today.... Yankee Stadium is for tourists. Today, ushers don't even exist at 161st in the Bronx.

For all the glory of the stadium off Jerome Ave., I'll take my orange shirt, suspenders wearing ushers. If you get what I'm saying.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]